Saturday, October 22, 2011

CPSIA : new ruling, other things...

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm sure that most of you have heard about the recent ruling, and read the letter from Nancy Nord. If not, you can find it here.

PLEASE REMEMBER : this blog is NOT an excuse not to test your products if you are not exempted. You can find information about exemptions, and testing, here.


This blog was designed in 2008 as a means of finding suppliers that were already compliant to the CPSIA standards, and provided certification or fact sheets. Most of these products are now showing compliance on their labeling.

This blog will help you to acquire materials/supplies that WILL PASS any tests you are required to preform. REMEMBER... just because it's certified from the manufacturer, does NOT MEAN, you do not have to test. UNLESS you are exempted from testing, because of the content of your products.

I will continue to try and add supplies to the list, as I have time. There is a huge list of comments to be moderated. And I hardly spend time in forums, due to a full workload, and children/family. There is already quite a list, but I know that there's more... And there will be more. And because testing and manufacturing is expensive, you want to be able to buy supplies that will pass tests.

Lead content is important, so this list is also useful to people making items for adults. While the testing costs are out of reach for many manufacturers, it's our responsibility to create safe products for people of all ages.

As always...before you buy, check and check again! No matter what is written here. I do my best to make sure that I only list items that are compliant, but I am human, and I may error. I try not to include items that will not pass inspection.


I hope that everyone finds ways to stay in business, and I sympathize with those that will have to cut back major parts of their production lines. At a time when our economy is plummeting, this ruling comes as a shock. We had science and facts on our side, and still failed to win. But all is not lost. And I hope that each of you find ways to update your items and eliminate this gross abuse of the system from affecting your livelihoods.


Long live the Cottage Industries,
-Stacey Jean

1 comments:

Rsops October 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM  

Hey Stacey Jean,

Well Come to you. I am happy after reading your blog. It is good blog..nice article publishing by you...appreciate on you...thanks for giving detail..I appreciate the content of your blog.People who's interesting about CPSIA Supplier Compliance will be thankful for publishing like these.

Thanks and Regards.
Outsourcing Manufacturing